½ C. Butter
½ C. Swerve Brown
½ C. Swerve Granular
1 T. Vanilla
1 ¼ C. King Arthur’s Keto Wheat Flour
¾ C. Cocoa Powder
1 ½ t. Baking Soda
½ t. Salt
¼ C. Vegetable Shortening
¼ C. Butter (Additional)
½ C. Swerve Confectioners
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, Swerve Brown, Swerve Granular, egg and vanilla. Add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- The dough will be crumbly and tough.
- Pat the dough together into a large oval shape and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Next, roll out the dough about ¼ inch OR pat the dough into flatten circles (like store bought cookie shapes.) Make them small! You can use a cookie cutter or I used a scissors and trimmed the dough into small flattened circles.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely. They will become more crunchy the longer they sit and you want the crunch!
- In a small bowl, cream together shortening, butter and Swerve Confectioners. Take and make a sandwich with two cookies by icing/frosting the middle. Let chill again.