I think we’ve all seen the meme. We might as well just fling some candy out the door, throw a turkey in the oven, unwrap a few presents and call it a year! Makes one chuckle. And, it makes one think.
So far, 2020 has been one challenging roller coaster.
During college and law school, I was a live-in nanny for school aged children and toddlers. Both “jobs” brought forth unique one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. With both sets of kids, I celebrated “Christmas in July.” From doing Christmas artwork to making a full week of Christmas activities (for the entire neighborhood), the magic of Christmas was on full display.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve wanted to play Christmas music and thought The Hubs was going to nay say my idea of sending out Christmas in July cards to friends. Instead, he simply asked, “What do you have in mind?” I’m taking that as a “Good idea—let’s run with it!”
On Dasher. On Donner.
Christmas brings Peace. Christmas brings Prosperity. Christmas brings Joy in a lost and dying world. Christmas brings Memories. Christmas brings Everlasting Life. Christmas brings us ALL closer.
This week, the No Sugar Baker team (The Folks, Em, The Hubs and I) invite you and your family to celebrate Christmas in July with us. All week—watch for our favorite Christmas recipes, our favorite Christmas memories, a few gifts to you and we’ll announce our coming in November special pop-up online shop, “Baking Spirits Bright!” Every day, this week—it’s Christmas!!
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
We’re on a roll. Life is sweet.
All this made with LOVE!
Jayne (aka The No Sugar Baker!)
The No Sugar Baker’s Em Wants A Bacon Crust Pizza This Christmas Eve!
1 Package of Your Favorite Bacon
1 Medium Sized Jar of Rao Basil Pasta Sauce (Healthy and Low Carb)
Your Favorite Pizza Toppings
1. Line parchment paper on baking sheet pan.
2. Lay 6-8 pieces of bacon onto sheet.
3. Weave other 6-8 pieces of bacon, between each first piece. It will look very tight.
4. Lay another baking sheet on top OR place a baking rack on top. (This will stop the bacon from curling up!)
5. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
6. Important step, drain all the grease!
7. Return to oven and broil for 3-5 minutes.
8. Spread sauce, your favorite toppings and cheese on top of the bacon.
9. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.
10. Let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!