Ingredients for Dough:
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, room temperature, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup Swerve Granular
3 ½ Cups almond or coconut flour
3 tsp Yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
Ingredients for Filling:
2 Ts. Swerve Granular
¼ cup water
I pint fresh raspberries
I pint fresh blueberries
8 oz cream cheese
Ingredients for Frosting:
3 Ts. Swerve Confectioners
½ cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp vanilla
1. Follow your usual sweet dough making recipe with these ingredients. I used my bread machine. The dough will be incredibly sticky, you will need to flour your counter and rolling pin. After the dough has been mixed and risen, rough out the dough into a square shape, about ¼ inch thick. Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough onto the cookie sheet.
2. While the dough is rising (first time), place the berries, Swerve and water into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After a rolling boil, stir in cornstarch and bring to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese. Combine the mixture until smooth. Let it cool to a touchable temperature.
3. Spread the filling mixture straight down the dough center. I used my kitchen scissors and cut inch stripes of dough, from both the right side and left side of the dough. I wrapped the dough, like a braid. Tucking every open spot of dough, with dough.
4. Cover the dough with a dishtowel for an additional 45- 60 minutes. It will slightly rise again.
5. Before baking, you can top your dough with very little amount of melted butter or egg white for a golden little brown color baking.
6. Bake in oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
7. Let cool. If you choose you can additionally top the danish with sprinkled Swerve confectioners. You can also make an easy glaze by combining the heavy cream, Swerve confectioners and vanilla into a bowl, mixing together then drizzling onto the danish.
Thanks very much! I don’t suppose to have sugar. Because of cancer. I am trying to eat healthier. But is difficult. Thank you very much!!
Stay with it!! Right with ya!!